with Donald Fact
Hi there Fact Fans! Donald Fact here with some more nuggets of knowledge, brought to you in association with the Ministry of Factular Informations in Bogata and the Central European Register of Esoteric Ephemera in Switzerland. Hang on tight folks as we tuck into some tantalising trivia!
- Peanuts are made by turning down Brazil nuts on a lathe. Brazil nuts are made from coconuts.
- The first ever bicycle had sixteen wheels, an observation tower and an outboard motor.
- Slinkys are the skeletal remains of rare woodland shrews.
This year's winning entry for the Golden Fact of Montreux:
Before 1950, Zebra stripes were horizontal
- The widest person in the world measures just over twelve feet from side to side, but is only three inches deep.
- If you dropped a coin from the top of the Empire State Building, you probably wouldn't have enough change left for the car park.
- The most dangerous animal known to science is a squirrel with a flick knife.
- There are only 10 types of people in the world and all of them understand decimal notation.
- When a fridge door is closed the little light actually stays on but the salad compartment will temporarily cease to exist.
- Music freezes at -150°c. This means that trombones can be silenced by immersing them in liquid nitrogen.
Special Reader Fact from Mrs Edna Womble of 42 The Mews, Hartlepool
Ducks are made of concrete.
Thank you Mrs Edna Womble of 42 The Mews, Hartlepool.
- It is possible for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, but only bottom first.
- Wartime Prime Minister Winston Churchill was made of chicken wire and papier-mâché, and started life as a school project for a summer fete.
- Space Hoppers are filled with helium and will fly if you bounce hard enough.
- Switzerland does not exist. Switzerland was a fictional place invented by Hans Christian Andersen and the myth of its existence has been perpetuated by the advertising industry in order to sell Toblerones and Alpine Horns.